The Chamber's Annual Business Decorating Contest brought more foot traffic to local businesses while encouraging a little friendly competition. 12 local businesses participated in the competition. Avis/Budget Car Rental, A & L Feed, Blue Lake Casino & Hotel, Coast Central Credit Union, Edward Jones - Sarah Moore-Goodwin, Essential Elements Wellness Spa & Sauna, Holiday Inn Expess, McKinleyville Office Supply, Miller Farms, North Valley Bank, Timber Ridge ad Umpqua Bank.
The community voted for their favorites and children received presents for getting their "Passports" stamped in all locations. A $100 prize was awarded to Julia Trepanier for visiting all locations and having her ballot drawn.
Congratulations to Avis/Budget Car Rental, Holiday Inn Express and Miller Farms for winning 1st, 2nd and 3rd place respectively.
The annual Business Holiday Decorating Contest is Under Way! Pick up a ballot at participating businesses and enter to win a chance at $100. Pick up a "Holiday Passport" for the kids so that they can participate too and earn a free gift from the Chamber.
- The community will be the judges *Winners for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place*
- All entry forms are due by November 20th
- Businesses must be fully decorated by November 30th
- Maps will be available December 1st
- Judging runs from 12/1 - 12/12
- Winners will be announced in our newsletter, facebook and on our website.
- Chamber will supply all businesses with map/ballots/ children's passports and drop boxes
- Children will be given "Passports" to visit all the businesses to get "stamped." Please have a stamp available to mark their books for them. Whn they have their book full they can then bring it to the chamber to collect a prize.
Fill out your entry form today!
TOPIC: Loss Prevention, Creating a Los Prevention Atmosphere
DATE: Friday, November 22, 2013
TIME: 6pm - 8pm
PLACE: Holiday Inn Express Conference Room
PRESENTER: Kevin Jenkins
FEE: FREE for members, non-members $10 - space permitting
REGISTRATION DEADLINE: Wednesday, November 20th
- Examining Internal & Extenal theft - customer, employee & vendor
- Theft prefention procedures - from receiving to the front door and in between
- Creating a loss prevention atmosphere - Everyone plays a part!
- Accountability & Corrective Actions - Creating a policy/standard, proper documentation & discipline
Call Heather at the chamber today to reserve your spot. (707)839-2449