Join us for our first forum of 2018!
On Wednesday, January 17, we will be holding our State of McKinleyville forum.
Confirmed panelists include Fifth District Supervisor Ryan Sundberg, Humboldt County Sheriff Lieutenant Kevin Miller, Arcata Fire Chief Justin McDonald, MCSD General Manager Greg Orsini, Humboldt County Planning & Building Director John Ford and McKinleyville Neighborhood & Business Watch coordinator Christine Willfong.
The panel will focus on issues that impact our local businesses and our community. Suggested topics that we hope to touch on:
- How Measure Z funds are being put to use in McKinleyville
- Recent and planned improvements to McKinleyville
- Clarification on the cannabis industry and zoning regulations for McKinleyville
- Steps that have been taken to help curb the homeless/drug issues in McKinleyville
- How theft is affecting local businesses and possible solutions
McKinleyville has become one of the fastest growing communities in Humboldt County. It is important that we do our best to protect our businesses and community members. One way to do that would be to join the McKinleyville Business Watch program. Christine will have informational handouts on the benefits and how to join.
The State of McKinleyville will be held at Holiday Inn Express and begin at 8:30 a.m. Click here to register to attend this information packed forum. Coffee and morning pastries will be served.
Note: If any of these issues prove to need more time than is available at this forum, the chamber will be organizing additional forums to focus on those issues.